vasectomy regret
a***@gmail.com
2007-08-03 13:42:07 UTC
After much discussion, my husband and I decided to go ahead with a
vasectomy. Months before the actual procedure we had a pregnany scare
and he was devestated. The scare turned to be false, and I had
feelings of disappointment. I had then decided I didn't want my
husband to have the procedure, but he didn't agree. We had huge
fights about it all the time, all the way up to the procedure date. I
am so embarassed and ashamed to be in this situation, but I am not
satisfied with the number of children I have and I feel our sex life
is very clinical. He is so scared to getting me pregnant that he has
trouble in that department, and I feel he is losing interest. I can
not get over the feeling of anger I feel towards him and our
situation. Has anyone else been n this situation and what should I
do? Divorce is not an option for me, as I love him very much.
Novas
2007-08-05 01:47:03 UTC
I'm confused. Has he alreay had a vas? Some sort of marriage or individual
counseling is really what you are needing to resolve both of your issues
around the core issue of more children.
Alan
2007-08-05 10:56:07 UTC
Number of children desired is really something every couple should
agree on precisely before marriage, and perhaps even before sex. This
is something that really should be spelled out in a prenup and stuck
with. The person who changes their mind could get a divorce, but it
is very unfair to expect the other person to follow, especially when
one's mind changed in favor of more children.
As for clinical sex, there is every reason to expect vasectomy to
IMPROVE that.
-Alan
r***@yahoo.com
2007-08-22 02:37:22 UTC
I hope that you are still checking to see if you found any support.
PLEASE e-mail me at ***@yahoo.com. What you need is not
here, but you are not alone. Some of us have been there before and
would like to offer an ear, a shoulder, experience.